it’s time for an og #healthywithspence savory summer recipe that will rock your world:
THE BEST KALE SALAD EVER🤩🥬🍋!!!
not trying to brag calling my own recipe the best kale salad ever... but likeee it truly is. i promise, even people who don’t usually like kale love this salad. you can ask any of my friends from high school— i’ve been serving it at my birthday party every year since I was like 10 (which is maybe embarrassing? lol). anyway, the dressing is super easy and made with just 4 ingredients! sorry vegan friends for the excessive cheese in advance, u can try sprinkling in a little nutritional yeast instead + the rest is vegan😊
• 3 large bunches of dino kale (the dark bumpy one, not the curly one)
• 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese + more on top
• zest and juice of 4 lemons
• 8 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp crushed garlic (1 cube of my fave frozen crushed garlic from @traderjoes )
• 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
• 1/3 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs
• a pinch of salt and pepper
1. rip the kale leaves off of the spine and shred it well, then take your hands and give it a good massage. think deep tissue massage (this not only makes it taste better but it also makes it easier on your stomach to digest!)
2. whisk together the olive oil, lemon, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. coat all of the kale with the dressing and massage it in a little more
3. add the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and toss together
4. sprinkle a little (or a lot if you are me) more cheese on top and BOOM ya got the best kale salad in the world.
you better let me know when you make it🤩🤩 && s/o to @thatssoorachell for making it this week and sending me a pic that made me realize how long it’s been since i’ve made it! hehe